Cloud-Based Planning and Zoning Software
Your Goal: Sustainable Community Design
Proactive planning and zoning is critical for every growing community. Proper decision-making directly impacts land use and design—guiding your city’s growth, enhancement and preservation over time. It also shapes the future of your community by attracting residents and maintaining a steady stream of revenue.
Your Challenge: Eradicating Stumbling Blocks
With so many different stakeholders, the planning and zoning process can be riddled with inefficiencies. Without an automated way to view and track permits, communication and approvals, your staff can be easily overburdened.
To optimize efficiency, you need planning and zoning management software that can view and track everything from beginning to end. The right cloud-based software can:
- Eliminate or reduce paperwork
- Ensure compliance with agency policies and codes
- Facilitate approvals from multiple agencies, citizens and citizen boards
- Increase transparency
- Speed communication
- Remove bottlenecks and inefficiencies
All the Tracking You Need—All in One Place.
Smart, real-time software that can manage your entire planning and zoning process is the simplest and best way to optimize your resources and stay one step ahead.
MaintStar’s Land Management Software (LMS) is a powerful workflow engine that automates complex tasks—serving as your all-in-one software platform to streamline building, planning and development services. From intake to output, MaintStar LMS tracks all the activities and informs all parties. It also interfaces with your in-house operations, such as accounting, tax assessment, public works and utilities, via automated notifications. And it’s all updated in real-time and easily managed from dashboards—making it one of the simplest software platforms you’ll ever use.
- Eliminates bottlenecks: Tasks get done faster, with more accuracy—across all your functions and departments.
- Promotes visibility: State-of-the-art workflow allows your entire staff to visually see what stage each project record is in. They don’t waste time revisiting the workflow.
- Simplifies review: Our cloud-based software simplifies a complex plan review and approval process, saving time and improving citizen satisfaction. Simpler review means greater due diligence across stakeholders.
- Software Integration: Our community development software interfaces with your software, such as your GIS interface for parcel management and your Accessors database for fee schedules.
- Drives profitability: Helps state and local government agencies boost productivity and increase revenues.
- Customizable fields: Fields are customizable for building projects, which adds specificity and ease-of-use.
- Modular and scalable: Addresses your needs today, with room to grow tomorrow.
- Promotes citizen engagement: Builders, contractors and citizens can easily submit plans and track progress in the online portal – no need to call or come in.
Software Highlight: Electronic Plan Review
Managing your planning and zoning permits is faster and easier with our LMS software, which features:
- Electronic Plan Review: Using our online portal, contractors can submit their building plans and blueprints electronically. City employees can review plans, share with other teams (e.g., building electric, plumbing) and immediately assign an inspector to approve. By streamlining document upload and communication, projects get completed more quickly, which creates excellent citizen engagement.